Dermal Fillers in Hattiesburg MS
OR CALL (601) 271-7300
Garner Nichols Dental is excited to offer dermal fillers to our patients. We are thrilled to deliver a well-rounded list of services, not only in the dental and oral health sphere, but also in the realm of wellness and beauty.
How do healthy teeth and dermal fillers go together? Both deliver confidence to our patients. And when you smile, we smile.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Consider this: a simple smile requires the use of at least 10 facial muscles; a hearty laugh more than 40. Repeated muscle movement over the years, unfortunately, often results in creases most of us typically frown upon in the mirror (11 muscles are used for the average frown, so be careful!). All day, every day, our facial expressions communicate our feelings – and they leave a mark over time. Does that mean we must avoid smiling, laughing, frowning, or even crying? Not at all!
You may have heard about dermal fillers in conjunction with wrinkle reduction and migraine treatments. In the context of wrinkle reduction, dermal fillers are injected into the muscles that causes lines from frequent use. The medication paralyzes and/or weakens the muscles to prevent its repetitive use, thus relaxing the muscles and softening wrinkles.
Dermal fillers injection dosage is carefully calculated and should only be administered by licensed practitioners.
Dermal filler injections are typically used on:
- Glabellar lines: Those are the vertical lines between the eyebrows, often caused by frowning and furrowed brows over time
- Crow’s feet: The horizontal lines extending from the corner of the eyes; mostly caused by smiling
- Forehead wrinkles: Typically long vertical lines on the forehead, of varying depth
- Bunny lines: The ridges on the bridge of your nose; often stem from repeatedly crunching up the face
- Lipstick lines: Vertical lines left behind by face puckering, smoking, sun exposure, or simply due to genetics
- Marionette lines: Folds that extend from the tip of the nose and down to the corners of the mouth
- Chin dimpling: A criss-cross of lines on the chin, usually age-related
To be sure, all those developments with age are completely natural and for those who are comfortable with the marks their lives left behind, there is no reason to correct what nature created. For those, however, whose physical appearance is a matter of confidence, those in pursuit of ageless aging, and the ones who just don’t want to show or feel their years, Botox is an ideal solution for women and men alike.
Dermal fillers are often used on (and to)
- Lips: to increase fullness
- Glabellar lines: to plump creases
- Marionette lines: filling the deep lines
- Enhance facial contours
- Soften scars
Dermal fillers can last for up to 9 months before they are fully absorbed by the body. In comparison, the effects of dermal filler treatment lasts 3-5 months. Dosage and results vary by patient. Prior to treatment, we will discuss the patient’s needs and recommend the most effective course of action to achieve the desired goals.
Sunbit offers patients a way to split their bill into monthly payments, up to 72 months!
Use of Innovative Technology
All procedures are furnished with state of the art equipment and maintained at the highest standards.
High Treatment Success Rates
Our treatments are performed by skilled dentists based on today’s standards of care, which promotes the best treatment outcomes.
Years of Dental Experience
With many years of dental experience, we are experts in all facets of dentistry. You will receive the best care available.